Korean Economy News
- Hyundai Merchant Marine to stop cargo service to Iran on US sanctions 2018-05-25
- Sweeping U.S. tariff scare rattles Korea’s auto industry 2018-05-25
- Samsung Electronics adds more big IT names to its payroll 2018-05-25
- Broad recovery seen for car sales in second-half 2018 2018-05-24
- Additional drug from Samsung BioLogics 2nd plant gains FDA okay 2018-05-24
- KOIMA Import Delegates' visit to Indonesia
- South Korean entrepreneurs who are the members of the Korea Importers Association (KOIMA) plan to visit Indonesia to see directly and buy the products of the country. On Monday (10/07/2017), the official statement of the Indonesian Embassy in South Korea stated that more than 100 Importers from South Korea are having a visit to the country for business reasons. From July 12-15, 2017, a series of activities, including business forums, one-on-one business matching and industrial visit. The delegation has been led by Vice-Ambassador of Indonesia, Cecep Herawan and Chairman of KOIMA, Myoung-Jin Shin. According to the Trade Attaché of the Indonesian Embassy (Seoul), Aksamil Khair, the number of delegates has reached 120 people, consisting of the company's Chairman and the officials of KOIMA. "Products of interest by members of the delegation are quite diverse, including rubber products, CPO, electronics, textiles, wood, coconut products, chemical products, building materials, cosmetic materials, glass products, handicrafts , food products and others, " - Aksamil Khair. In order for this mission to be successfully generating trade contracts before the departure, they have to facilitate communication with potential suppliers from the homeland. Thus, in the future, it would be finalized and enhanced the relationship. Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia in Seoul, Umar Hadi, has conducted intense discussions with Chairman of KOIMA in an effort to increase Indonesia-South Korea trade. One of the efforts was sending the importers to the forum, with lots of possibilities. "I am confident that this visit will be able to pump back the bilateral trade performance that has decreased," said Ambassador Umar Hadi. Total Indonesia-Korea trade in 2016 was recorded at the US $ 14.8 billion, an 11% decrease compared to the previous year's trade. Nevertheless, there is a surplus on the side of Indonesia of the US $ 1.6 billion. Meanwhile, in January-May 2017, total trade amounted to US $ 7.3 billion, an increase of 22.6% against 2016. Korean imports from Indonesia are still dominated by raw materials and finished goods such as coal, rubber, plywood, other mining products and electronic components. However, other products like the garment, footwear, vegetable oil and other non-oil products have shown a tremendous increase in the last 2 years.
- Malaysia Fashion Week 2017
- Malaysia Fashion Week (MFW) will be held from October 18th to 22th 2017 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Conference for foreign buyers is scheduled to take place. So please consult any inquiries to the following the person in charge if you want to attend this event. Please also refer to the provided attachment about MFW. 1. Ms Sabesha - Project Head of MFW Mobile: +6012-2846530 Email: email@example.com 2. Ms Shannon Wong Mobile: +6016-3898666 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact to the following contact number. Commercial department of Embassy of Malaysia in Korea Marketing Manager Min gwon Yoon Tel: (02) 739-6813/6814 Thank you for attention.
- Polish company (Wooden Bathtub)
- A notification from Trade, Investment Promotion Division, Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Korea. If you are interested or have any inquiries, please refer to the information below. Unique Wood Design Products: Wooden Bathtub Person In Charge: Mr. Maciej Górka Address: ul. Tęczowa 24, Gęsiniec, 57-100 Strzelin, POLAND Tel: +48 504 214 372 E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.uniquewood.pl For further information, please refer to the attachment provided. Thank you for your attention and consideration.
- Polish Company(Cosmetics)
- A notification from Trade, Investment Promotion Division, Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Korea "Euphora Grzegorz Wnęk Spółka Jawna" is wishing to get in touch with any business partners. If you are interested or have any inquiries, please refer to the information above. Euphora Grzegorz Wnęk Spółka Jawna Products: Cosmetic products(makeup) Person In Charge: Mr. Gabriel Skóra Address: ul. Orszańska 43, 30-698 Kraków, POLAND Tel: +48 516 142 188 Mobile: +48 790 354 111 Fax: +48 33 876 10 99 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Website: www.paese.pl
- International Zoological Fair 2017 (Poland)
- On 15-17 September 2017 in Lodz will be held XVI International Zoological Fair. This is the related imformation about the exhibitation which will be open in September this year. XVI International Zoological Fair Date: 15/09/17~17/09/17 Location: EXPO Hall Lodz, al. Politechniki 4 A contact adress of the person in charge is as follows.: Host: Lodz International Fair Ltd. Tel: +48 42 674 15 00 Fax. +48 42 674 15 01 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.targi.lodz.pl Please refer that participants in exhibition can buy products at a 50% discount from relevant business suppliers. If you have any enquiries or any requests, please contact the following department or the person in charge directly.
- 2017 Turkey Delegation
- ***Information: 2017 Turkey Delegation *** -Programme: Briefing, B2B Meeting, Exhibition tour, Visit to local production facilities -Participants: All the countries in the world -Supportive contents: Accommodation fees including breakfast provided by Turkish Ministry of Economic Affairs -Conditions: 1) Applicants have to have purchase rights. 2) Any applicants that are currently in contact with local distributors or have a record of being in the delegation are not included. 3) Applicants must provide detailed information about their interest of imported products until the given period of time. 4) Fluent in English, French, German and other languages. Application information: Applicants must contact the Office of Commercial Counsellor, Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Korea before the deadline for each given programmes. Türkiye Cumhuriyeti,Seul Büyükelçiliği,Ticaret Müşavirliği Turkish Embassy in Seoul,Office of the Commercial Counsellor Address: Vivien Building, 4th Floor, 52, Seobinggoro 51 gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul Tel:+82 2 7941382 E-mail:email@example.com Fax:+82 2 7962177 Web:www.economy.gov.tr
New Members from Overseas
- Main Activities of Korea Importers Association in 2016
- - Import Mission to Foreign Countries - Visits from Foreign Ambassadors